Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Woodcarver














The Woodcarver


The Woodcarver is a great family movie, and it will spur a lot of thinking and discussion. The question "WWJD?" (What would Jesus do) quickly became THE question of this movie and it provoked a lot of thought for me. We're not looking at extreme living here - we're looking at basic life. Basic decisions. The things we normally don't include Jesus in - because, after all, we save Him for the BIG stuff.

The Woodcarver teaches us that we make mistakes, that there's second chances and above all else: that following Jesus is a commitment, even when you're not quite sure where that commitment is going to take you.

I especially enjoyed John Ratzenberger as Ernest in this movie. I loved his easy-going calm ways. Earnest just takes everything in stride. He IS what I strive to be. I rarely succeed unfortunately.


"Matthew Stevenson is a troubled kid from a broken home. When he vandalizes the local church to get back at his parents, Matthew has to repair the damage to the church to avoid criminal charges. While working at the church, he meets Ernest (John Ratzenberger), an accomplished wood carver who created the intricate woodwork decoration that Matthew destroyed. Ernest has become something of a hermit, but reluctantly comes out of reclusion to help repair the church. Now Ernest and Matthew must work together to preserve the church's beautiful antiquity, and along the way, they also manage to restore their faith in God and in life."




*****CONGRATULATIONS ODIE!!!*****





Thank you Propeller for offering me a copy of this movie in exchange for my honest review!

3 comments:

Odie Langley said...

WWJD is not just a fade but a lifestyle because if we act one way at church and totally different around some of the same people it will be clear that we do not really have a relationship with God as we should.
I like the characters and the movie should be quite moving.

Odie Langley said...

I posted your blog on my facebook so others will know about it.

Kristie said...

It was definitely more than a Fad to me...I actually still have my bracelet and have thought of wearing again as a constant reminder :-)