Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The 5 Love Languages of Children


The 5 Love Languages of Children
by Gary Chapman & Ross Campbell


I can't even tell you how helpful this book has already been to me. Mainly with Jack. Jack is in the horrible 4-year-old stage. You've always heard about the "terrible two's" but let me tell you, I would take the two's a millions times over the fours. I don't know what has happened to my wonderfully obedient, ever helpful child. Jack has turned into a stubborn, screaming, hitting, "I'll do what I want WHEN I want" monster. He tries my patience daily.

The Five Love Languages of Children has somewhat helped to tame that monster. Obviously, the only cure for the fours is turning FIVE, which we are all excitedly looking forward to; but in the meantime - learning Jack's love language and making a conscious effort to fill his tank...constantly...has helped keep him a little more even-keeled and a little more willing to sit in time-out. Which is amazing in and of itself.

Gary and Ross do a fantastic job in this book. Even if you are already aware of the 5 Love Languages and how they effect individuals, you will want to read The 5 Love Languages of Children because children speak a whole 'nother language. And their love language presents itself in behavior different than that of an adult.

In this book each love language is given it's own chapter, and that chapter is full of specific examples of children with that love language and what their behavior looks like (with a full tank AND an empty tank), specific examples of ways to FILL your child's tank. Not only that, but you can also learn how to discover your child's love language and THEN how that love language relates to your discipline, learning, anger, single-parent and married-parent families.

Yeah, you didn't think it affected all of that, did you?

Neither did I.

The 5 Love Languages of Children carries a wealth of much-needed knowledge between it's pages and, even if you can't afford to buy this book, buy it! You need it. No, really, you do.


"The #1 New York Times bestselling The 5 Love Languages has helped millions of couples learn the secret to building a love that lasts. Now discover how to speak your child's love language - and make them feel loved in a way they understand. Dr. Gary Chapman and Dr. Ross Campbell help you:

*Discover your child's love language

*Understand the link between successful learning and the love languages

*See how the love languages can help you discipline more effectively

*Build a foundation of unconditional love for your child


Plus:
find dozens of tips for practical ways to speak your child's love language!"


*****GIVEAWAY*****
I am pleased to be able to offer YOU one copy of The 5 Love Languages of Children today!

To Enter:
Do you know what your child's love language is? If you know about the languages already, has it even occurred to you to know what your child's is? (I know it never occurred to me!)

For a Second Entry:
Tell you friends and family via any social media outlet and leave a separate comment telling me that you did!

This giveaway will end Friday, April 13th at noon!

Thanks to Propeller for offering me a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review!

5 comments:

lace said...

I haven't really thought about mine since I took the quiz years ago and still can't remember what it was. So I guess that means I've never given the girls love languages a thought either. Would love to read the book

Odie Langley said...

This is new to me but seems the perfect book for my youngest daughter Rachel with my two grandsons who will be 4 & 6 this year. A very timely book for sure.

Angela said...

I have heard about the Love Language, but never knew they made one up for children. I could sure use it for my littlest boy, he has really been trying my patience lately!!! Daily!!!!

Angela said...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=713417767

Link to my facebook wall, where I posted about your giveaway!!

Gift Baskets said...

This really made this clear for us! We know one another better now. If you are have issues or just want to under your mate better read this book.