Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Never Forsaken

I've been going through some rough stuff lately. Never Forsaken was sent to me at just the right time. From the instant the first note sounded, my spirit was lifted. Charles music is calming, encouraging and it really gave me some hope on a couple of my darkest days. The title, Never Forsaken is perfect! I've had this CD on repeat in my house for a good week now and I don't think I'll be turning it off anytime soon!

My favorite songs from this CD are: Hope Is On The Way, No Me Without You, Use Me,

Besides what Charles' music does for me, I was really impressed with why he wrote this music. And it's challenge to ME...and you. This was what was written at the back of the insert in the CD:

"////'YOU ARE NEVER FORSAKEN!'\\\\

That's what I wanted to shout from the mountain tops of Guatemala as I visited there recently. As we went from village to village my heart broke for the extremely poor and desperate people. They looked so lost and afraid. It reminded me of Matthew 9:36 when Jesus looked at the crowd and was moved with compassion...not just over the lost condition of the crowd, but also because they were like sheep without a shepherd. They needed and wanted help, yet there were not enough laborers to provide it. What a picture of our world today.

A friend of mine recently said, 'Our greatest fear should not be that we fail, but that we succeed in something that does not matter.'

God burdened my heart this year to create a project that is not just for Christians to listen to and enjoy, but also to call us to action. These songs were not written merely to entertain you, but my prayer is that they move you to DO something for the Kingdom of God. We have a hope that must be shared. We have a purpose for living that is way beyond just having a job and celebrating the weekend. We have Jesus! We must be silent no more! Our culture is living as if there is no hope, yet we have the answer. May these songs move you past trying to be a success in things that don't matter, and into a life that is significantly impacting others. You can change the world!"



You can also purchase Never Forsaken at Amazon!
(You can hear a sample of each song!)


I was given this CD in exchange for my honest review!

1 comments:

Odie Langley said...

He is an awesome writer and performer. I have been to Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, VA twice and he is awesome at leading praise and worship. If I lived closer I would go there every Sunday.