Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Perfect Pet for Peyton


A Perfect Pet for Peyton
5 Love Languages Discovery Book


"Join twins Peyton and Penny as they celebrate an amazing birthday adventure with the help of Mr. Chapman and some very special friends. #1 New York Times bestselling author Gary Chapman and Rick Osborne, award-winning author of books for kids and teens, have teamed up on a book both kids and parents will enjoy. Kids will love the fun story and the full-color illustrations by Wilson Williams Jr. (complete with hidden details). Parents will appreciate the chance to help their kids learn how we all give and receive love differently."


If you've never heard of The 5 Love Languages book by Gary Chapman, you are missing out on an easy way to satisfy your spouses, children's, friends and families emotional needs. Gary writes that there are five different ways to fill your emotional "love" tank and, while each person needs all five languages, there is always ONE that stands out as THE way they feel your love. The five languages are: Gifts, Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Physical Touch and Acts of Service.

My mom introduced me to these languages at a young age, so I've always grown up knowing what my love language is and looking for it in other adults around me. It never really occurred to me to figure out what my boys' were though.

I was really excited when I was given the chance to review Gary Chapman and Rick Osborne's book, The Five Love Languages of Children (review coming soon!) as well as the companion children's book A Perfect Pet for Peyton! Let's talk about A Perfect Pet for Peyton:

What I liked:

-The drawings are fun and kids will be drawn into the search for Peyton and Penny's perfect pets (based on their love language of course!)

-Each page, in addition to the story, has a little search and find section. LOVE search and finds!

-If you're too busy to read the entire Love Languages for Kids book, this children's book gives you the basic idea of each love language and the tools to help you discover each child's love language.

-I love that, not only will YOU know what your child's love language is, but so will they! Teaching kids about their emotional make-up and needs is just as important!

All-in-all A Perfect Pet for Peyton is a great introduction to the Five Love Languages and how to identify them in your child. Stay tuned for my review of the book The Five Love Languages of Children!


*****CONGRATULATIONS KRISTIE!!!!!*****



I was given a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review - thanks Propeller!

3 comments:

lace said...

I think we did this in church or something. I forget what mine is, maybe quality time? I'll have to take the quiz again.

Kristie said...

I have 2! It's a tie between Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch...they're Rich's top 2 as well. :-) I'd love to know the kids' Love Languages too! :-)

Kristie said...

I shared this post on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=610604190&ref=tn_tnmn#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=131598026965398&id=610604190