Wednesday, July 25, 2012

God Gave Us Love











I loved the message of the book and the illustrations, but I struggled a bit with the rhythm of the book. I KNOW it’s just a kids book, and the boys liked the book just fine. It’s a me thing. For such a short book, Little Cub and Grampa bounced around a lot. And I know the pictures were the explanation of where they were, but it drove me nuts that the words didn’t move their location too. But, like I said, that’s a ME things and the book is still GREAT. I really did like how it explained love: the different kinds and how much God loves us. It’s a good intro to a discussion on love and, I think, forgiveness - with your little ones.

I should also add that Lisa Bergren is one of my favorite authors so you’re not getting some crappy book when you buy this! Definitely check out the rest of her Little Cub series, they deal with some great life questions your little one may have like: new siblings, Heaven and of course the ever famous “God Gave Us You” (or “God Found Us You” if you’ve adopted!).

“Little Cub is having trouble getting a handle on love. She’s getting aggravated with her siblings, and really doesn’t think she’ll ever be interested in all that mushy stuff she sees going on between her Mama and Papa. But Grampa explains how God has given us all kinds of love…and how good that is.”

I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review - thank you!

1 comments:

Kristie said...

I understand what you're saying about the book not saying what's going on and having to look at the pictures...that bugs me too! :-) We do love "God Gave Us You", though, and I don't recall that one being that way?