Monday, July 30, 2012

Phase 4 Films (pt.1)

I was recently sent a pile of movies from Phase 4 Films to review. The boys were pretty excited! My challenge was to sit down and watch all of the animated films with them LOL I should give you a disclaimer right from the start. I have a hard time sitting still to watch movies, especially kids' movies and I'm very picky about which animated films I like. A lot of very popular animated films - I don't like. So take my opinions with a grain of salt :)


 











Kiara the Brave

"Dreamzone has been a peaceful and magical kingdom under the rule of King Maximus. That's about to change when he is captured and imprisoned by his evil brother Dreadmis. When Dreadmis unleashes his vengeance upon the kingdom, the King's daughter, courageous Princess Kiara must conquer evil and restore harmony in Dreamzone. Together with her best friend Super Kloud, they embark on a magical journey to protect their Kingdom and bring the rightful owner back to the throne." 


Okay I have to admit right off. I did not like this movie. It looks like a cheap knockoff of Brave. It's not...or maybe it is. I honestly don't know because I sat down to watch this movie and fell asleep about a quarter of the way into it. The parts I did see I was not a fan of though. The animation was kinda blah -for me- (I like pixar's quality of animation) and I honestly was not a fan of the magic. The movie started right out with the evil Dreadmis creating a super human from a cauldron. Weird. A little creepy. The movie kinda lost me there. I'm sure it has redeeming qualities, I just wasn't interested in trying to find them. It's hard to put magic in a movie and have me think the movie is amazing. Few win me over. So please, like I said earlier, take my review with a grain of salt.

Obviously the boys wouldn't go near this movie because it was a princess movie LOL I'm sure if you have a little girl who loves princesses, she will like the show. I would just suggest watching it yourself first to make sure the magic is appropriate for your child.


 











Space Dogs

"Space Dogs is an exciting, animated tale based on the true story of Belka and Strelka, two dogs sent to space in 1960. Belka and Strelka are a circus dog and a rough-and-tumble stray who embark on an out-of-this-world adventure, humbly becoming the world's most famous canine cosmonauts."

Space dogs was super cute! The boys watched it about ten times before I actually slipped it into my DVD player to review and even then, they were glued to the screen. I loved that Belka and Strelka were imperfect dogs who had to bust their butts to even qualify to go into space. It was a great message about persevering and working hard to make your goals/dreams come true. I also love that one simple sentence can send us on a Google search of America's history: "Did you know that there were actually real dogs who went into space?"

Space Dogs is staying on our movie shelf!


Kiara the Brave and Space Dogs 
can both be purchased at Target, Walmart and Amazon
AND are available to rent from Redbox!


I received copies of both of these movies in exchange for my honest review - thank you!

0 comments: