Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Choice

 










The Choice
by Robert Whitlow

Any novel that deals with morally or ethically complicated issues catches my attention because we always hear these debates about what "should" be done, but oftentimes we ignore the people that are involved in these decisions. Any author who is willing to take on these subjects and put flesh and blood on them has my undivided attention. Not only does Robert Whitlow do this, he does it well. The Choice was an absolutely fascinating novel.

I really loved the character of Sandy. She is one of those great characters that you fall in love with and sympathize with and cry with and then in the next instant you're yelling at her! I could totally see the issues and experiences in Sandy's history that influence how she deals with the teen that comes into her life, which is really interesting to me.

I had a hard time putting The Choice down, and since it was in e-book form on my IPHONE, you could imagine how many problems that presented!


"One Young Woman. Two Very Different Roads.

The Choice will Change Everything.

Even as a pregnant, unwed teen in 1974, Sandy Lincoln wanted to do the right thing. But when an ancient woman approached her in a convenience store with a mysterious prophecy and a warning, doing the right thing became even more unclear. She made the best choice she could. But now, thirty-four years later, another pregnant, unwed teen has come into her life, and Sandy’s long-ago decision has come back to haunt her. The stakes rise quickly, leaving Sandy with split seconds to choose once more. But will her spur-of-the-moment decision bring life . . . or death?"

I received a digital copy of this book in exchange for my honest review - thank you!

0 comments: