Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Bridesmaid

 










The Bridesmaid
by Beverly Lewis

Joanna Kurtz has made several trips to the altar, but never as a bride. The young Amishwoman is a closet writer who's stories aren't her only secret.

Eben Troyer hopes to make Joanna his bride - if he can ever leave his parents' farm in Shipshewana, Indiana. Yet Eben's hopes to build a life with Joanna hinge on his brother's return from the English world...

It's been awhile since I read a Beverly Lewis novel; I tend to grow a little weary of Amish fiction, but I always return! Beverly Lewis is one of my favorite "Amish" authors and The Bridesmaid definitely did not disappoint. I felt my blood pressure rising and my frustration growing just like a great book should! LOL I loved the uniqueness of Joanna and Eben's relationship and it was nice to have a committed Amish woman who also "walked the line" a bit when it came to worldy ways. I get tired of Amish novels being about 100% faithful Amish or headed to the English world like a bat out of hell. It was nice to see the a little balance! Oh, and Joanna's sister drove me NUTS (which is good, for a book LOL).

The Bridesmaid is the second book in the Home to Hickory Hollow series, however you can read them out of order. I have not read the first book, and had no problems understanding this one.

I received this book in exchange for my honest review, thank you!