Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Journey of Dreams: Prairie

 












Journey of Dreams: Prairie
by Chautona Havig

Prairie is completely different than any of the other books I have read by Chautona Havig. Her other books tend to fall into the chic-lit/romance genre and Prairie...well, it's a whole book of it's own! I would probably set it comfortably between fantasy and historical fiction. I'm sorry, I'm rambling LOL Prairie reminded me of Janette Oke's "Love Comes Softly" series, but it definitely has it's own identity as well. Okay, so, anyway, I loved the book! It was so unique and different and had almost all of my favorite genres tastefully written inside that I wanted to just keep reading! Unfortunately, the book did come to an end *sigh* Journey of Dreams IS indeed a new series from Mrs. Havig and I'm excited to read the rest of the books and meet more people from this unique place! In addition to the fantastic story she's weaved here, I also found this book to be one that challenges my faith, which is always a good thing :) If you've never read Mrs. Havig's books before, I'm not sure what you're waiting for! Her books are fun, quick reads, there's  not a single one I haven't enjoyed yet! She also, often, offers her e-books at very reduced rates AS WELL AS offering her books for free as well. You can sign up for her newsletter here!


"Jessa Davidson enjoyed a lifelong fascination and desire for life on the prairie. However, she never expected that fascination to become reality. A far cry from her apartment in Pittsburgh, the world of Prairie is more than just a change in geography–it’s a change of life.  In Prairie, Jessa examines the innermost parts of her soul and discovers desires she never knew she had.

From the moment she awoke, transported from the cold Pennsylvania winter, on the sunbathed summer prairie, she knew her life would never be the same.

The people of Prairie welcomed her and accepted her–almost without question, but so much of her life changed in that moment–her hopes, dreams, values, and the absolutes of things like time–that she feared accepting her new life as reality.
Is Prairie the dreams of her life come true–or her worst nightmare>  Is it real?  Is it permanent?  Or will she awake to discover that she’s lost her mind–or worse, her life?
And the biggest question on Jessa’s heart?  Does she care?"

 

I was offered a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review - thank you!!

1 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like a good book! I've been reading a little bit more lately and could see myself getting into this one! :-)