Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Tutor's Daughter

 









The Tutor's Daughter
by Julia Klassen

Julie Klassen is one of my favorite authors and I tend to hoard her novels when I buy or receive one to review. The thrill of holding a brand new, never-before-read novel of Ms. Klassen's in my hand often makes me late on my reviews: I just can't bring myself to begin the story, knowing what will inevitably come (and sooner than I want it to): the end!

When I finally cracked the pages of the Tutor's Daughter I was whisked away to England, 1812 and was thoroughly ensconced in Miss Emma Smallwood's world. Which was fascinating and exciting and full of mysteries my brain was trying to solve before she did! Ms. Klassen has, once again, written a fantastic novel that will leave you wishing that it did not come to end! Very rarely will you hear me say that a book is worth it's full, brand-new, bookstore price - but every single one of Julie Klassens books have so far been worth it and The Tutor's Daughter is no different!


"Emma Smallwood, determined to help her widowed father when his boarding school fails, accompanies him to the cliff-top manor of a baronet and his four sons. But soon after they arrive and begin teaching the two younger boys, mysterious things begin to happen. Who does Emma hear playing the pianoforte at night, only to find the music room empty? And who begins sneaking into her bedchamber, leaving behind strange mementos?

The baronet's older sons, Phillip and Henry Weston, wrestle with problems - and secrets - of their own. They both remember the studious Miss Smallwood from their days at her father's academy. But now one of them finds himself unexpectedly drawn to her...

When suspicious acts escalate, can Emma figure out which brother to blame and which to trust with her heart?

Filled with page-turning suspense, The Tutor's Daughter takes readers to the windswept Cornwall coast - a place infamous for shipwrecks and superstitions - where danger lurks, faith is tested, and romance awaits."


I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review-thank you!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

It sounds SO good! I'm loving reading lately, but I'm sure that will slow down when summer comes :-/

Shannon Baker said...

this book's sound like interesting.

book marketing

rain bow said...

This article is mind blowing I read it and enjoyed. I always find this type of article to learn and gather knowledge.


fire damage monterey

Mitus Mita said...

This article is mind blowing. When I read this article, I enjoyed.
Managed IT Services