Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hey God!















Hey God, I've Got Some Guy Named Jonah In My Stomach And I Think I'm Going To Throw Up!
by Troy Schmidt

Per new FTC guidelines I am warning you at the *top* of my post that this is a sponsored review. I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I thought it was pretty cool that someone decided to write a story from the whale's perspective (anyone remember that book about the three little pigs, but from the wolf's end of things? Loved that book) We've all heard the story of Jonah, 50 million times, but coming at it from a different angle makes us look at it again, in a new light! Unfortunately, as the adult in the family, I didn't think it was nearly as witty as it could have been. And the title is way to long for me LOL But, don't throw this book under the bus yet: the boys downright LOVED this book. Noah giggled through quite a few pages. and I did appreciate that the author included a few great lessons like, following God even when you don't want to and God's forgiving nature. There are a couple more books in this series and I think it would make a cute gift for young children.

"Oh sure, we'll all heard the story of Jonah and the Whale a hundred times. But have we heard it from the perspective of the whale who experienced that history-making event?

Hey God, I've Got Some Guy Named Jonah in My Stomach and I Think I'm Gonna Throw Up! imagines how that great sea creature from the incident might tell his side of the story, helping kids ages 4 to 8 discover a creative way of learning about that guy who was supposed to go to Ninevah.

The "Parent Connection" feature will help moms and dads take the story further with scripture references and tips on how to talk with their children about what really happened. There's even a free online app to make this bright retelling even more animated and interactive."



***CONGRATULATIONS ANGELA!***

2 comments:

Angela said...

Well, I haven't read any of The other guy's perspective books so I am gonna say this one since it looks cute!

Angela said...

My facebook wall where I re-posted your giveaway!

BTW, you can get a hold of me on facebook or my email New20Mommy@Yahoo.com

https://www.facebook.com/angela.guyette?ref=tn_tnmn